Hi, PACK fans! If you like gorgeous art, gritty storytelling, and deep questions about heroes and villains—which you probably do if you love PACK—then get involved in telling your own stories with sequential art! The publisher of PACK, Oneshi Press, is accepting submissions of 8-page sequential art on a rolling basis for its quarterly anthologies, and we want you to get involved! Your comic, graphic novel snippet, or other submission could appear beside PACK in an anthology…get in on this! The guidelines for submission are below, reblogged from the Oneshi Press website!
Oneshi Press is seeking immersive, progressive, gorgeous sequential art for our Quarterly Anthologies. These anthologies invite readers into well-developed worlds that tell fascinating stories from unique perspectives, explore dark corners, shatter taboos. They entertain readers while provoking thought and inspiring conversation. We are open to unconventional art and storytelling methods from artists and writers whose work doesn’t fit in with conventional comic books. So send us your weird, beautiful, outré, sumptuous, bizarre, wild work!
We welcome submissions of eight-page sequential art for inclusion in the Oneshi Press Quarterly Anthology on a rolling basis throughout the year. That could mean one-off short comics, snippets of larger stories, short stories told in images, or anything else you can think up. We’re interested, as long as the work meets Oneshi Press’s three guiding principles: Immersive. Progressive. Gorgeous.
Check out our available books in our Bookshop for an idea of what we’re into!
Here’s how to get your work into OPQA:
- Submissions must be eight pages in length.
- You may also submit extra art for consideration as a cover page for your work, but this is not required. Cover art is provided gratis for publication—we don’t pay royalties on your cover art.
- All work remains creator-owned; we only ask for rights to first publication.
- We pay royalties based on profits from anthology sales, according to the length of your contribution and the length of the overall book.
- Oneshi Press will contract with one team member per submitted work. Teams may subcontract amongst themselves to determine how royalties are distributed within the team.
- We will not be running a Kickstarter to fund printing for these books, but we encourage those interested in submitting to help us promote our Patreon, which funds most of our printing right now. The more money coming in from Patreon, the more print copies of our anthologies we can have made!
- We will publish in print and ebook formats.
- We are currently accepting work that is either finished or has a full team (a writer and an artist) attached.
- If you only have a script at this time, but you have an artist lined up to illustrate it, that’s fine! Send us the script and a link to the artist’s portfolio!
- If you only have concept art, but you have a writer lined up, send us art and a detailed, as well as a link to the writer’s portfolio.
- Oneshi Press is seeking work that is gorgeous, immersive, and progressive. We want to see work from less obvious points of view, hear the perspectives of those who aren’t always the heroes. Tell us tales of nonbinary folks, people of color, marginalized communities, and fantastical realms that push our imaginations!
Our Quarterly Anthologies are published every three months—on January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year. Deadlines are as follows:
- January 1 Anthologies: Submissions due on September 1 of previous year. Finished accepted pieces due on November 1.
- April 1 Anthologies: Submissions due on December 1 of previous year. Finished accepted pieces due on February 1.
- July 1 Anthologies: Submissions due on March 1. Finished accepted pieces due on May 1.
- October 1 Anthologies: Submissions due on June 1. Finished accepted pieces due on August 1.
Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 7” x 10.5” at 300 dpi. An additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed is required if art meets the edge of the page. Acceptable file types: .PSDs, .TIFFs, .JPGs, .PNGs.
E-mail your work to info[at]oneshipress[dot]com, or share your work with us via DropBox using the same e-mail address.